ESL Topic: Introductions (Meeting new people)
File Title: When Serena Meets Dan
Prepared by: SSEcoach (Robbie) File Code: V22
Topic Speaking: Introductions (Meeting new people)
1. Are you nervous when you meet new people?
2. What are some topics you talk about when meeting someone?
3. What does the expression “we hit it off” mean?
4. What are topics you shouldn’t talk about when meeting new people?
5. When was the last time you met someone new?
6. Where are good places to meet new people?
7. Why do some people think it is easier to meet people when traveling?
8. Have you ever met someone from another country?
9. What are the benefits of networking?
10. Do you worry about your English level when speaking to native English speakers?
Title: When Serena Meets Dan
1. Concierge: How did you know it was Miss van der Woodsen if you didn't read it and if you are not a guest at the hotel what were you doing there?
2. Dan: What? Uhm, look, when Prince Charming found Cinderella's slipper they didn't accuse him of having a foot-fetish.
3. Concierge: And you are Prince Charming? Well, there is Miss van der Woodsen now...
4. Dan: No, no, no, no...
5. Concierge: Serena!
6. Dan: Don't, don't...
7. Concierge: Do you know this young man?
8. Dan: She doesn't know me. Nobody knows me. It's cool, it's fine.
9. Serena: Uhm, from last night, right? I'm sorry about that.
10. Dan: You remember me?
11. Dan: She remembers me.
12. Concierge: Well, he claims he found your cell phone.
13. Serena: Oh, you found it.
14. Serena: Hey, mom.
15. Lily: Guess what I found for you... a dress for 'Kiss On The Lips'. I saw the invitation on the nightstand.
16. Serena: Oh, uhm, I'm not going to that.
17. Lily: What do you mean? Blair's throwing it.
18. Serena: Yeah, uhm... see the problem is I... by the time I got the invitation... I uhm, actually already had plans.
19. Lily: Plans with whom?
20. Serena: My friend.
21. Dan: Eh, yeah, hi, nice to meet you Misses van der Woodsen. I'm Dan... Humphrey.
22. Lily: What are you and Dan Humphrey doing?
23. Serena: We... uhm...
24. Dan: Eh, we're going to a concert tonight.
25. Lily: Lincon Hawk?
26. Dan: Yeah, 'Rolling Stone' named them one of the 'Top 10 Forgotten Bands Of The '90s'.
27. Serena: Whooh! I'm a huge fan.
28. Dan: Uh-hum.
29. Lily: Well, this party would have been the perfect opportunity for you to announce your return but I guess I'll just keep the dress for myself.
30. Serena: Thank you.
31. Dan: Yeah, no, I... it's not a problem, really.
32. Serena: So pick me up at eight?
33. Dan: You really go out with some guy you don't know?
34. Serena: Well, you can't be worse than the guys I do know.