Title: Bed Check
1. Donna – Surprise!
2. Eric – This is so great. I didn’t know you….delivered.
3. Red – Bed check dumbass.
4. Eric – Holy crap!
5. Kitty – No….It is not a bed check. We just want to say good night. And, and we love you very much. What are you doing!?
6. Red – Ah, just nailing his window shut. For his own good.
7. Eric – What if there’s a fire?
8. Red – Well then I guess you just could light your dope with it, dope head.
9. Laurie – Donna!? Get out!
10. Kelso – Whoa….not so fast Laurie.
11. Donna – You idiot! Red’s doing bed checks.
12. Red – Bed checks.
13. Laurie – And bless mommy and bless daddy, bless grandma. Oh, hi daddy.
14. Red – Sorry to bother you Kitten.
15. Donna – Kelso, get your hand off my ass!
16. Kelso – It was an accident.
17. Donna – It’s still there!
18. Kelso – It’s still an accident!
19. Donna – Kelso! It’s still there!
20. Kelso – Yah!
for his own good
1. Where does the story take place (line 1-20)
-The story takes place at Eric’s house.
2. Who surprises Eric? (line 1-3)
-The person who surprises Eric is Donna, his girlfriend.
3. Which room are Donna and Eric in? (line 1-3)
-Donna and Eric are in Eric’s room.
4. Who is Red in relation to Eric? (line 1-8)
-In relation to Eric, Red is Eric’s father.
5. Who is Kitty in relation to Eric? (line 1-8)
-In relation to Eric, Kitty is Eric’s mother.
6. Who is Laurie in relation to Eric? (line 1-20)
-In relation to Eric, Laurie is Eric’s sister.
7. What is Red doing? Why? (line 1-20)
-Red is doing bed checks because he doesn’t trust Eric. He had previously caught Eric smoking marijuana.
8. Does Kitty think Red should be doing bed checks? (line 1-5)
-Kitty thinks Red should not be doing bed checks because she just wants to say good night.
9. When Red and Kitty come to Eric’s room, whose room does Donna then try to hide in (line 1-9)
-When Red and Kitty come to Eric’s room, Donna then tried to hide in Laurie’s room.
10. Does Red trust his daughter Laurie? (line 12-14)
-Yes. He trust Laurie and that is why he believes her when he sees her praying.
Topic Speaking: Family Rules
1. Do you get along well with your parents? Siblings?
2. Who is more strict, your mother or your father?
3. Have you ever snuck out of your house to meet friends?
4. What time was your curfew in high school?
5. Have you ever been grounded?
6. Who is more lenient, your mom or your dad?
7. What are some things your parents may get mad at you about?
8. Are you close to your relatives?
9. What is the most trouble you have gotten into?
10. Would your parents be angry if you received a poor grade?
ESL Topic: Family Rules
File Title: Bed Check
Prepared by: SSEcoach (Robbie) File Code: V3