ESL Topic: Planning
File Title: The Plan
Prepared by: SSEcoach (Robbie) File Code: V30
Topic Speaking: Planning
1. What are you doing this weekend?
2. Have you had any major event or situation in your life you had to plan for?
3. Are you free this Sunday?
4. What are your vacation plans for the next holiday?
5. Have you had any plans go terribly wrong?
6. Do you plan on getting any errands done this week?
7. What are your plans after you graduate?
8. Do you plan on getting married in the future?
9. Do you plan on having kids in the future?
10. Do you pan on travelling in the future and if so where?
Title: The Plan
1. Ed: o, what’s the plan?
2. Shaun: Right. We take Pete's car, we drive over to Mum's, we go in, we take care of Philip. [I'm so sorry, Philip.]
Then we grab Mum, go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for all this to blow over.
3. Ed: Why have we got to go to Liz's?
4. Shaun: Because we do.
5. Ed: She dumped you.
6. Shaun: I have to know if she's all right.
7. Ed: Why?
8. Shaun: Because I love her.
9. Ed: All right, gay. I'm not staying there, though.
10. Shaun: Why not?
11.Ed: If we hole up, I want to be somewhere familiar, I wanna know where the exits are and I wanna be allowed to smoke.
12. Shaun: OK...Take Pete's car, go round Mum's, go in, deal with Philip. [Sorry, Philip.] Grab mum, go to Liz's, pick her up, bring her back here, have a cup of tea and wait for all this to blow over.
13. Ed: Perfect.
14. Shaun: No, wait, we can't bring them back here.
15. Ed: Why not?
16. Shaun: It's not exactly safe, is it?
17.Ed: Yeah. Look at the state of it.
18. Shaun: Where's safe? Where's familiar?
19. Ed: Where can I smoke?
20. Shaun: Take car, go to Mum's, kill Phil. [Sorry.] Grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?
21.Ed: Yeah, boy!
22. TV News: To recap, it is vital that you stay in your homes. Make no attempt to reach loved ones and avoid all physical contact with the assailants.
23.Ed: Do you believe everything you hear on TV?