Topic Speaking: Family
1. What is your earliest childhood memory?
2. What food did you use to hate as a child?
3. Do you get along well with your mom and dad?
4. Do you have any brothers and/or sisters?
5. Do you have (or do you want to have) children?
6. What was your favorite food as a child?
7. What hobbies did you have as a child?
8. Do you look more like your mom or dad?
9. Where do you and your family like to go for vacation?
10. What’s more important, being close to your family, or having close friends?
made a decision
1.What did Mr. Ping find in his vegetable basket? (Line 1-4)
-Mr. Ping found baby Po in his vegetable basket.
2. Where was a note? (Line 5)
-There was no note.
3. Did Mr. Ping feed baby Po? (Line 8-12)
-Yes, he did.
4. What did he give him to eat? (Line 8-12)
-He gave radishes to baby Po.
5. Did baby Po let Mr. Ping put pants on him? (Line 13)
-No, he tried to escape.
6. What did Mr. Ping decide to do with baby Po? (Line 14-17)
-Mr. Ping decided to raise baby Po as a son.
7. What vegetable did Mr. Ping stop using in his soup? (Line 14-17)
-Mr. Ping stopped using radishes in his soup.
8. Where does this story take place?
-This story takes place in China.
from that moment on
Title: Baby Po
1. Mr. Ping – 1. Well, my vegetables had just been delivered.
2. There were cabbages, onions, radishes,
3. Only, there were no radishes!
4. Just a very, ugly baby panda.
5. There was no note.
6. Of course, you could have eaten it.
7. I waited for someone to come for you….but no one did.
2. Mr. Ping - 8. I brought you inside and,
9. fed you,
10. gave you a bath,
11. and fed you again.
12. And again.
13. And tried to put some pants on you.
14. And then I made a decision,
15. that would change my life forever.
16. To make my soup without radishes,
17. and to raise you as my own son.
18. Po, my little panda.
19. And from that moment on,
20. both my soup and my life have been that much sweeter.
ESL Topic: Family
File Title: Baby Po
Prepared by: SSEcoach (Robbie) File Code: V4