Topic Speaking: Marriage
1. Do you want to get married in the future?
2. What is a good age to get married?
3. Is it important to live with your boyfriend/girlfriend before marriage or should you wait until after?
4. What do you think about arranged marriage?
5. How much does it cost to have a wedding in your country?
6. What kind of wedding do you want to have?
7. What is your attitude towards divorce?
8. What changes happen in a person’s life after marriage?
9. Do you think love is necessary to have a good marriage?
10. Do you want to have children?
in regard to
bride and groom
Title: You're Fired
1. Monica: Okay, it’s 2100 hours. Time for your toast.
2. Mike: Do I have time to go to the bathroom?
3. Monica: You had a bathroom break at 20:30. Pee on your own time Mike!
4. Monica: Now, in regard to the toast, okay, you wanna keep them short, nothing kills a rehearsal dinner like long speeches. Okay. You just get in, do your thing and get out!
5. Mike: Is that what you say to Chandler?
6. Monica: It's 21:01 and I am not amused. Ok, the bride and groom have a few words they'd like to say.
7. Phoebe: Ok. Hello everyone and thank you all for being here tonight.
8. So tomorrow's the big event and some of you might not know, but Mike and I didn't get off to the best start.
9. My friend Joey and I decided to fix each other up with friends so I, I... oh I... hum... I gave it a lot of thought and I fixed him up with my friend Mary Ellen who couldn't be here tonight because... it's not important... she is in rehab.
10. Anyway, so, ok, Joey said that he was fixing me up with his friend Mike, only he didn't have a friend Mike so he just brought, uhm, my Mike and, and but despite, you know... it got... it got good.
11. Ok, I wanna take a moment to mention my mother, who couldn't be here...
12. Monica: oh God.
13. Phoebe: And... moment's over! So, ok, uh, I can forget that. I can forget that and uhm... Oh this is funny! Oh, but you need to know that to... that, to... Oh, ok, well, uhm, I. Ok, ok, I, ok, I....
14. MONICA I CAN'T DO IT LIKE THIS! THIS IS MY WEDDING! OKAY, I DON'T WANT THIS. OR THIS. OR THIS. OK? I JUST WANTED A SIMPLE WEDDING! WHERE MY FIANCEE CAN GO TO THE BATHROOM ANYTIME HE WANTS! You know what? You're done.
15. Monica: What?
16. Phoebe: YOU'RE FIRED! Cheers!
take a moment
ESL Topic: Marriage
File Title: You're Fired
Prepared by: SSEcoach (Robbie) File Code: V40