Topic Speaking: Gift Giving
1. For what occasions do people give gifts in your country?
2.What would you do if you were dating someone and you had no money to buy them a gift for their birthday?
3. What advice would you give to someone who had forgotten their mother or father’s birthday?
4. Have you ever received a surprising and/or amazing gift?
5. What kind of gift do couples give each other for a holiday or birthday?
6. What kind of gift do you get your parents for a holiday or birthday?
7. What kind of gift do you expect from your parents for a holiday or birthday?
8. Do you enjoy shopping for others?
9. Have you ever re-gifted something?
10. Have you ever received a gift you didn’t like?
Title: Sheldon and Penny Exchange Presents
1. Sheldon: Mmm, great news, Leonard, I’ve solved my Penny gift dilemma.
2. Leonard: Yippee.
3. Sheldon: You see, the danger was that I might under or over-reciprocate, but I have devised a foolproof plan. See, I will open her gift to me first and then excuse myself, feigning digestive distress. Then I’ll look up the price of her gift online, choose the basket closest to that value, give it to her and then I’ll return the others for a full refund.
4. Leonard: Brilliant.
5. Sheldon: It is, isn’t it? Is it okay if I hide them in your room? The smell makes me nauseated.
6. Leonard: Do whatever you want.
7. Sheldon: Thank you, that’s very gracious. Gentlemen.
8. Howard: Why couldn’t you have just done what Leonard did and get Penny a new boyfriend?
9. Leonard: My leg is killing me. Thanks for asking.
10. Penny: Merry Christmas.
11. Leonard: Merry Christmas.
12. Penny: How’s your leg?
13. Leonard: Very good, thanks for asking. Come on in.
14. Sheldon: Ah, good, Penny, you’re here to exchange gifts. You’ll be pleased to know I’m prepared for whatever you have to offer.
15. Penny: Okay, here.
16. Sheldon: I should note I’m having some digestive distress, so, if I excuse myself abruptly, don’t be alarmed. Oh, a napkin.
17. Penny: Turn it over.
18. Sheldon: To Sheldon, live long and prosper. Leonard Nimoy.
19. Penny: Yeah, he came into the restaurant. Sorry the napkin’s dirty. He wiped his mouth with it.
20. Sheldon: I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy?!
21. Penny: Well, yeah, yeah, I guess. But look, he signed it.
22. Sheldon: Do you realize what this means? All I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my own Leonard Nimoy!
23. Penny: Okay, all I’m giving you is the napkin, Sheldon.
24. Sheldon: Be right back.
25. Penny: Here. Open it.
26. Leonard: Oh, a gift certificate for motorcycle lessons. Very thoughtful.
27. Penny: Yeah, and I checked. Not letting the bike fall on you while standing still is lesson one.
28. Leonard: Oh, then, I think you’ll appreciate what I got you.
29. Penny: Okay. 101 Totally Cool Science Experiments for Kids.
30. Leonard: You know, ’cause you’re so into science.
31. Penny: Sheldon! What did you do?!
32. Sheldon: I know! It’s not enough, is it? Here.
33. Penny: Leonard, look! Sheldon’s hugging me.
34. Leonard: It’s a Saturnalia miracle.
ESL Topic: Gift Giving
File Title: Sheldon and Penny Exchange Presents
Prepared by: SSEcoach (Robbie) File Code: V8.3
don’t be alarmed